When I decided that I was going to keep a blog and not the other way round I realised that it needed a name, to give it an identity.
I had already made up my mind that I would follow no set pattern, neither in subject matter nor in frequency – I would add things as and when either time allowed or the mood took me and thus a title presented itself. One that allows me the freedom to keep this fledgling blog untethered from anyone particular subject or category.

Saturday 6 November 2010

Shitlist – preface

When i get mad
And i get pissed
I grab my pen
And i write out a list
Of all the people
That won't be missed
You've made my shitlist

For all the ones
Who bum me out
For all the ones
Who fill my head with doubt
For all the squares who get me pissed
You've made my shitlist

When i get mad
And i get pissed
I grab my pen
And write out a list
Of all you assholes
Who won't be missed
You've made my shitlist



Now, I think that has set the scene... sometimes you just need to vent your spleen...

As one blogger told me: "It's good to remember the positive and it is often so much easier to focus on the negative".
However, sometime a bit of ranting and railing can be cathartic, and hopefully amusing and informative at the same time...

Living in London and enduring the daily commute means that this list will have a never ending supply of candidates...

Oh and being ejected from a blog for apparently being: ignorant, inaccurate, witless, bickering and patriarchy promoting doesn't even register a blip on my radar - especially as I am right in that instance. No more details - no free adverts here - not unless I decide to give them. I don't have any fixed rules for this site and as Groucho Marx once said: I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.

Make of that lot what you will and prepare for the onslaught.

1 comment:

  1. hi invisible kid,

    i love the poem or is this a song?
    yea sometimes we just need to vent out our spleen. it's nice to bewail the bad times, obsess on it for a while and moving on with a more positive perspective would be easier.

    btw i got curious of you as i saw you're really funny comment on Happy frog and I.

    Maria :)

    ReplyDelete